How to Make Refreshing Watermelon Lemonade for a Hot Summer Day
Summer is in full swing and nothing beats the heat like a refreshing tall glass of lemonade. Instead of the standard go-to lemonade, why not try something new? This watermelon lemonade is a deliciously sweet and tangy twist on the classic drink that will have you feeling hydrated and refreshed. In this blog post, we’ll share an easy recipe to make a delicious watermelon lemonade that is perfect for those hot sunny days. Let’s get started!
- 6 cups of cubed seedless watermelon
- 4 cups of cold water
- 3/4 cup of fresh strained lemon juice
- 2/3 cup of sugar
- Fresh mint and ice for serving
- Blend the watermelon. The first step in making watermelon lemonade is to blend the watermelon. Place the cubed watermelon in a blender and blend it until it's smooth. Strain the pureed watermelon through a fine-mesh sieve, pressing on the solids with a spoon to extract as much liquid as possible.
- Mix the water, lemon juice, and sugar. In a large pitcher, mix together the water, lemon juice, and sugar. Stir until the sugar is dissolved. You can add more or less sugar depending on how sweet you like your lemonade.
- Add the watermelon juice. Next, add the strained watermelon juice to the pitcher. Stir well to combine all the ingredients.
- Chill and serve. Place the pitcher in the refrigerator and chill the watermelon lemonade for at least 30 minutes. This will allow the flavors to meld together. When you're ready to serve, fill glasses with ice and pour the watermelon lemonade into the glasses. Garnish with fresh mint leaves and serve immediately.
You can also try these fun variations to your watermelon lemonade. Add a splash of vodka or gin for an adult drink. Substitute the lemon juice with lime juice for a twist on the classic recipe, or add a little coconut water for a tropical taste.
This watermelon lemonade recipe is perfect for any summer gathering or just for a day spent chilling out on a hot day. It's easy to make and ideal for family BBQs, pool parties, or just kicking back on the porch. Plus, with the addition of fresh mint leaves and some fun variations, you can customize it to your liking and create your own flavor. Give it a try and let us know how it turns out!