It's the season for outdoor parties, and what better way to prepare delicious and healthy food for your guests than grilling some veggies. Grilled vegetables are a perfect complement to any BBQ party, and they are easy to prepare too. With just a few simple ingredients and some essential grilling skills, you will have the perfect side dish to impress your friends and family.
The ingredients required for this recipe are easy to find and inexpensive, and the flavors of the vegetables blend beautifully together to create something truly magical. The key to achieving great results is to grill the vegetables just long enough to soften them up without overcooking them. So, let's dive into the recipe and learn how to make perfect grilled vegetables for your next BBQ party!
- 1 yellow squash
- 1 zucchini
- 8 ounces cremini mushrooms, stemmed
- 1 small red onion
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 ear fresh corn, cut into 1-inch rounds
- Extra virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- tzatziki, pesto, or Greek dressing for drizzling/serving
- Prep the vegetables. Begin by washing and preparing the vegetables. Slice the vegetables into large, equal chunks and remove any seeds.
- Brush with olive oil. Place the sliced vegetables in a large bowl and drizzle with extra virgin olive oil. Toss to coat all the vegetables evenly with the oil. This will help prevent them from sticking to the grill and add a nice flavor.
- Season with salt and pepper. Season the vegetables with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste. Don't be shy with the seasoning, as veggies tend to lose their flavors when grilled.
- Grill the vegetables. Preheat your grill to medium-high heat. Grill the vegetables until they are just tender and charred in spots, turning often. Don't overcook the vegetables as they will become mushy and lose their texture. The grilling time will vary depending on the size of the vegetables and the heat of your grill, but a general guideline is around 5-7 minutes for most veggies.
- Serve. Once the vegetables are grilled to perfection, remove them from the grill and place them on a platter. Drizzle with tzatziki, pesto, or your favorite Greek dressing. This will add an extra layer of flavor and texture to the dish. Serve hot or at room temperature.
This recipe for perfect grilled vegetables is an excellent addition to your next BBQ party. By following these simple steps, you can create a delicious and healthy side dish that will impress all of your guests. Remember to take your time when grilling the vegetables and not overcook them to avoid losing their texture and crunch. Try different combinations of veggies and dressings to create a dish that will suit your personal taste and preference. Happy grilling!