Matcha, a green tea powder that originates from Japan, is rich in antioxidants, which help combat oxidative stress in the body. When combined with spices like cinnamon and turmeric, it makes for an even more powerful drink. Cinnamon is known for its anti-inflammatory properties and helps regulate blood sugar levels, while turmeric has a plethora of benefits such as reducing inflammation and improving cognitive function.
- 3 ounces boiled water
- 1 teaspoon matcha powder, to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon turmeric
- 8 ounces non-dairy milk of choice, warmed
- 2 teaspoons of sweetener (honey, sugar, or vanilla syrup), or to taste
- To make the spiced matcha latte, start by boiling 3 ounces of water. Once it's boiled, let it cool down for 1-2 minutes.
- While waiting, mix 1 teaspoon of matcha powder, 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon, and 1/8 teaspoon of turmeric in a cup. Add the water and stir until smooth.
- Next, add 2 teaspoons of your preferred sweetener, whether it's honey, sugar, or vanilla syrup, to taste. After that, add 8 ounces of non-dairy milk of your choice, whether it's almond milk, coconut milk, or oat milk, and stir until well mixed. Heat the mixture until it's warm, making sure not to boil it.
- Sit back, relax, and enjoy your homemade spiced matcha latte!
- You can also add some ice cubes and make it an iced latte if you prefer a cold drink.
- Upgrade your matcha latte by adding a generous spoonful of your favorite flavor. For a pumpkin spice twist, try using ½ teaspoon of pumpkin spice. If you prefer a chai flavor, add ½ teaspoon of chai spice blend instead.
- To ensure a smooth and delicious drink, make sure your water is hot and your milk is warm. This will prevent any spices from settling at the bottom of your cup.
- If you prefer to make your latte on the stove, simply combine all the ingredients in a pot, whisk until simmering, then remove from heat and enjoy.
- And if one mug isn't enough, feel free to double the recipe for an extra tasty treat.
This spiced matcha latte is an ideal cozy beverage for those looking for a healthy alternative to coffee, or for those who just want to enjoy a delightful mix of fragrant spices and earthy matcha.
You can even add more spices and flavors of your liking! Regardless of how you make it, you will get the benefits of both matcha and aromatic spices to help boost your energy levels, improve your immune system, and fight inflammation.
If you like this recipe, use #SanguinaRecipes and tag us on our Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram!