With the warmer weather rolling in, it's time to start thinking about easy and nutritious recipes to help keep us energized and cool. This simple recipe for a peanut butter açaí bowl with chia seeds is just what you need! It's healthy, delicious, and takes less than 10 minutes to make. Let's get started!
What Is An Açaí Bowl?
An açaí bowl is basically frozen açaí (pronounced ah-sah-EE) berries blended with milk or water until it becomes creamy like ice cream. It's then topped with fresh fruit, granola, honey, nut butter, coconut flakes, or whatever you want! This popular Brazilian dish has become popular in America as well due to its delicious flavor and health benefits.
- ⅓ cup almond milk (or other plant milk)
- 2 tablespoon peanut butter
- 1 frozen banana
- ½ cup frozen blueberries
- ½ cup frozen strawberries
- 1 tablespoon açaí powder
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- For toppings: extra chia seeds, peanut butter, fresh fruit slices or crunchy granola
- In a blender, add the almond milk, açaí powder, peanut butter, and frozen fruit slices. Blend until smooth. Depending on your blender you might need to pulse it several times if you find that the mixture is too thick. If needed, add more almond milk until desired consistency is reached. If you find it being more of a smoothie consistency, don’t worry! Just add more frozen bananas, strawberries, or blueberries to make it thicker.
- Transfer blended mixture into a bowl and top with fresh fruit slices and chia seeds. Add some extra peanut butter if desired as well as any other toppings you'd like, such as coconut flakes or crunchy granola for added texture.
- Enjoy immediately!
- Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days, but we doubt it will last that long!
This bowl is packed with healthy nutrients that can help boost your energy levels during the day.
- Almond milk provides protein and calcium, while the açaí berries are loaded with antioxidants, fiber, potassium, magnesium, iron and vitamin C.
- Bananas give you an instant energy boost thanks to its natural sugars, while blueberries add even more antioxidants plus vitamin C.
- Strawberries are rich in vitamin C as well as other vitamins and minerals.
- Chia seeds contain omega 3 fatty acids, which help your body absorb all these amazing nutrients more efficiently!
Beat the summer heat without compromising your health goals! Refreshing summer treats don't have to be full of unhealthy ingredients, try making this healthy peanut butter açaí bowl instead. A delicious blend of peanut butter, almond milk, frozen acai berries and toppings like chia seeds and fresh fruits is the perfect way to cool down on hot summer days and give you an energy boost - minus the guilt.