The Easter holiday is the perfect opportunity to get creative in the kitchen. This recipe is just the thing to add a splash of color to your Easter table. It's a simple salad that doesn't require any cooking—just some slicing, peeling, and tossing! The combination of beets, carrots, citrus and scallions gives this dish a refreshing flavor that everyone will love. Plus, it's packed with iron for an extra boost of energy. Let's get started!
- 3 medium scallions, chopped
- ⅓ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp mild honey
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 3 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 5 oz. container baby arugula
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and shaved into thin strips
- 2 small red beets, peeled and sliced into very thinly strips
- 4 medium radishes, trimmed and sliced into very thinly strips
- 2 medium tangelos, peeled and sliced crosswise into 1/8-inch-thick rounds
- Sliced unsalted almonds
- Flaky sea salt
- For the dressing, pulse scallions, oil, honey, mustard, lemon juice, salt, and pepper in a food processor until you have created the perfect creamy dressing for your platter.
- Arrange a bed of arugula across the platter, then layer it up with vibrant carrot strips, sweet beets, crisp radishes, and juicy tangelos.
- Sprinkle over some crunchy almonds for texture, and drizzle 1/3 cup of dressing to bring it all together.
- Finish off by sprinkling flaky sea salt as garnish - serve remaining dressing in small bowls on the side so everyone can dress their own portion according to taste.
- Prepare ahead: you can prepare the vegetables two days ahead of time, so that all you have to do on dinner day is assemble everything together.
- Deliciousness awaits at every bite- Enjoy!
This beet and carrot salad is a great way to add a healthy and flavorful dish to your Easter table this year. Not only is it visually appealing, but also full of vitamins and minerals, like iron. Plus, getting creative in the kitchen can be a fun activity that the whole family can partake in! If you have some extra time on your hands, you could even try roasting the beets beforehand for a sweet and smoky flavor. However you decide to make it, one thing is for sure: this uniquely delicious recipe is sure to spark joy in your home this Easter season.