Thanksgiving is a time of the year when you come together with family and friends, give thanks, and enjoy delicious food. While your roasted turkey is the star of the show, no Thanksgiving dinner is complete without sides. Corn casserole is an easy and delicious Thanksgiving staple that is sure to be a crowd-pleaser. This creamy and savory casserole has the perfect balance of sweetness and stickiness. The best part about this recipe is that it is extremely easy to follow and requires minimum effort to prepare. So, let's get cooking!
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1 package Jiffy corn muffin mix
- 2 tbsp. sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2/3 cup whole milk
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 2 cups corn (fresh or frozen and thawed)
- 1 can creamed corn
- 3/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. sweet paprika
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp. sliced chives
- Preheat your oven to 400° and grease a 2-quart baking dish with softened butter. In a large bowl, whisk together the Jiffy mix and sugar until a few lumps remain.
- In a separate medium bowl or large measuring cup, whisk together the eggs, milk, cream, and melted butter. Add the egg mixture to the dry ingredients and stir until just combined. Then stir in the corn (both the fresh or thawed frozen corn and the creamed corn), salt, paprika, and pepper.
- Pour the corn mixture into the prepared dish. Bake the casserole until set and the top is golden brown, which should take around 45 to 50 minutes. Once done, top with chives and let cool slightly before serving.
Not only is this corn casserole a delicious addition to your Thanksgiving meal, but it's also super easy to make. It takes just a few minutes to throw together, and then you can let your oven do all the work while you focus on other dishes. Plus, it's a great way to use up any extra corn you might have on hand. If you're feeling adventurous, you can even try adding your own twist to the recipe. For example, you might consider adding some diced jalapeños for a little extra kick, or some crispy bacon for a smoky flavor.