Summer is in full swing, which means it’s time to prepare for the upcoming 4th of July! If you’re looking for a delicious and healthy dish to share with your friends and family this holiday season, then look no further than this easy-to-make Star-Spangled Fruit Salad recipe.
It’s perfect for those who want a quick and affordable dish but still want something tasty, nutritious, and fun. Follow along as I walk you through how to prepare this summertime favorite; it really couldn't be easier!
- 8 cups cubed watermelon, about 1" in size
- 4 cups hulled and quartered strawberries
- 3 cups blueberries
- 1 cup raspberries
- 2 cups pineapple stars
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 4 tablespoon powdered sugar
- Chopped mint leaves
- Start by placing the fruits in a large bowl.
- To make the pineapple stars, cut the pineapple into 1/4" slices. Use a sharp star-shaped cutter to create stars. Make sure to use the smallest cutter in the set!
- In a small bowl, combine the chopped mint, lime juice, and powdered sugar. With the back of a spoon, muddle the mint to release its flavor.
- Then, drizzle the mixture over the fruits and gently fold everything together. Make sure all the fruits are coated.
- Next, place the bowl in the fridge to chill and let the fruit juices mingle. This can be made a few hours prior to serving. Just be sure to fold right before eating. Enjoy!
- Watermelon- helps hydrate the body and is rich in vitamins A and C.
- Strawberries- contain antioxidants and are a good source of fiber.
- Blueberries- rich in antioxidants and are one of the most nutrient-dense fruits.
- Raspberries - great source of vitamin C, manganese, and dietary fiber.
- Pineapple - rich in vitamin C, manganese, and bromelain, which is an enzyme that aids digestion.
There’s nothing better than a refreshing fruit salad, especially during the summer months. This star-spangled fruit salad is colorful, delicious, and healthy. It’s perfect for a 4th of July barbecue, picnic, or any other summer gathering. We hope this recipe inspires you to get creative and make your own variation of this salad. Enjoy!