Editor’s Note: This article is for informational purposes only. You should not use it to replace any professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment of any health issues. Any questions about your blood health should be directed toward a physician, hematologist, or other licensed healthcare professional.
Healthy, delicious vegan recipes are hard to come by! This vegan black bean soup is the perfect balance of health, flavor, and convenience. With simple ingredients, you can have a delicious vegan meal that can be easily whipped in no time and is sure to please everyone at your table.
It’s an excellent way to enjoy a filling meal on those busy days, while still nourishing your health. So if you are looking for an easy-to-make, healthy alternative to regular meals then this is the ideal option. Let’s get started!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 celery stalk, diced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Salt to taste
- 5 cups vegetable broth
- 4 (14.5 oz) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (28 oz) can crushed tomatoes with juice
- 1 cup whole kernel corn
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 tablespoon dry white wine (optional)
- 1 avocado, peeled and sliced
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the onion, celery, carrots and garlic and cook until softened for about 5 minutes.
- Add the chili powder, cumin and black pepper and cook for an additional minute.
- Add the vegetable broth, black beans, crushed tomatoes with juice, corn and jalapeno pepper; bring to a boil then reduce heat to low simmer for 20 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Stir in the optional wine if using; simmer for an additional 10 minutes or until soup is slightly thickened.
- Stir and remove from heat; season with salt as desired.
Serve warm with avocado slices or your favorite toppings. Enjoy!
The key to making flavorful, creative vegan recipes is to use fresh ingredients, and this vegan black bean soup does just that! This recipe is a nutritious and delicious meal that is perfect for any time of the year. This soup can be served as an appetizer or main course. Not only does it provide great flavor but also valuable heart health benefits. Don’t forget to share this recipe with your friends and family! Bon appétit!
If you like this recipe, use #SanguinaRecipes and tag us on our Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram!